Do you want to give better life for your old T-shirt? If yes, continue this. I am telling you how to make a new bag with your old-useless T-shirt with a simple way, no sewing is needed.
Supplies: One old t-shirt, a pair of good, sharp scissors, a ruler, and some ribbon (if desired).
Let’s get started!
1.Start with an old t-shirt, it’s better if it still has good color and fabric.
2. To start, lay your shirt flat and then set a ruler parallel to the bottom of your shirt about 5-6 inches above the bottom them.
3. Cut 1/2 inch strips up to the ruler (I used my thumb as a rough guide). It’s great to be as straight and consistent as possible.
4. Now for the top of the bag. First, cut each of the sleeves off (I followed the seam line where the sleeve was sewn on to the body of the shirt).
5. Cutting the neck hole is a little more up in the air. I recommend leaning towards cutting less rather than more. I wanted to keep the “give hope” logo on my bag, so I cut a wide loop just to the top of the words. You really don’t need a wide space to have full access to the bag.
6. Now you’re ready to start tying. Knot the two end strips by themselves, and then carefully match each top strip to each bottom strip, double knotting each tightly as you make your way across.
7. The final (optional) step is to add a little embellishment. You can add colorful beads to the strips (some or all strips) and then knot again at the end. I tied ribbon to the very top of the “handles” to finish it off.
8. That’s it! In just about 15 minutes, you’ve got a new bag, perfect for carrying toys or towels around all summer. Feel free to brag to all your friends!
Credit belong to *